- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We invited all interested vendors to join our Multi-Vendor MPLS SDN Interoperability Test Event in collaboration with the MPLS SD & AI Net World Congress 2021. The Congress will be held from September 28 - 30, 2021. The EANTC Hot Staging is taking took place from July 12-23, 2021 in Berlin, Germany.
EANTC's showcase is a well established event beneficial for small and large vendors alike. EANTC as an independent party creates an ecosystem to conduct testing in the most advanced application scenarios addressing service providers’ needs. We exhibit a tangible, lab-validated network showcasing mature as well as the latest advances in different technology areas. EANTC focuses on 5G transport (slicing, edge computing), data center networking for cloud environment, integration of multiple transport domains (WAN, data center), microwave and packet network synchronization.
We are distributing all information using a private Wiki. Please contact us to set up a Wiki account (NDA required) and access the whole Wiki space of this project.
Our goal is to help the industry to:
- Improve multi-vendor network management (provisioning, reconfiguration, fault management, performance monitoring) using the NETCONF protocol
- Provide a neutral, collaborative and amicable place for the whole industry where new NETCONF/YANG implementation aspects can be evaluated, outside competitive labs and service provider PoCs
- Promote the use of standardized YANG models where available and feasible and encourage the multi-vendor alignment of YANG models for standard device and service configuration aspects
- Understand and improve how third-party orchestrators can cope with non-standardized YANG models (some of which will always remain non-standardized due to competitive differentiation)
Test Bed Approach
Following our successful mixed on-site and remote SDN interoperability test events in 2020, and our series of fully remote interop and performance test programs in Network Function Virtualization (NFV) since 2016, we decided to take a step for SDN interop testing we had planned for a long time. Covid-19 changed the environment, encouraging us to go this way for multi-vendor testing as well:
- Remote testing
- Full remote control with VPNs, jump servers, videoconferencing sessions
- Virtualized platforms provided by EANTC
- Distributed (time shifted) testing
Benefits of Participation
EANTC’s interoperability reports are respected by service providers, raising customer awareness of the state of implementation for innovative network concepts. We describe use case scenarios and design blueprints which service providers can adopt for their network designs. Our reports have helped to kick off network innovation projects, to fulfill RFP requirements with regards to interoperability, and to avoid individual PoCs covering similar technical questions. The initiative provides a unique opportunity to test and troubleshoot interoperability with third-party vendors in a friendly pre-production environment. Participating in the test event improves quality and reduces implementation time in customer projects.
Marketing and Publication
The results of this interoperability event will be marketed:
- White Paper - extensive, detailed description of all use cases, test setups and results (positive results by vendor/solution name, negative results anonymously as "state of the industry"). It will be available free of charge on our website
- Live demos - video clips with live demonstrations recorded by participants and EANTC representatives
- Press releases - by EANTC and participating vendors
We hope that this initiative is beneficial to you and look forward to your participation!
|ConfiForms (Form View) Registrations Control|
Please contact us in case you would like to setup a Wiki account (NDA required) and access the whole Wiki space of this project or if you have any other questions.
All updates are distributed using the private Wiki.